Recommendation of Research Committee
IQAC of the College also monitors the research related issues with utmost care. Moreover, IQAC considers carefully the FDP related issues. It encourages and upkeeps teachers regarding summer schools, orientation and refresher courses schedule, submission of major and minor research projects etc.
Recommendation made by IQAC and the Research Committee during financial year 2015-2016:
- To grant Rs. 10000 to Government regularised part time teachers or contractual whole time teachers who want to do small research project.
- To grant Rs. 54000/- for two new computers for JRFs doing Ph.D. in the department of Geography, a place of research recognised by University of Calcutta.
- JRFs to participate in teaching-learning process actively to enhance their skill of teaching.
- JRFs may avail central library facilities and/or e-consortium.
- Acceptance of proposal of organising one Research Workshop on advanced research methodologies in the department of Geography.
- Publication of one peer-reviewed e-journal containing research papers.
- Six proposals have already been submitted.
- Two new Computers are purchased for JRF.
- JRFs participate in teaching-learning process.
- Research workshop will be held in the month of February as a sequel of same held in 2015.
- Publication of two peer-reviewed e-journals containing research papers is in the process.